- New Sales:
- Pre-Owned Sales:
- Contact Us Now:
It’s Here at Bommarito Honda in St Louis MO…
The 2013 Honda Accord!
The exciting all-new 2013 Accord has arrived, with changes to major elements throughout, including sheet metal and glass; interior materials and features; engines and transmissions; wheels, brakes, and tires; and many electronic systems and controls. In addition, a number of new features have been introduced. Contact the Internet Sales Dept at Bommarito Honda today to find out more details and schedule your new 2013 Accord Test Drive at Bommarito Superstore and see the difference we can make.
Here’s what’s new, beginning with Accord’s bold new look.
In addition, a new Sport Sedan trim is offered. The Accord Sport Sedan adds the following popular features to the LX trim level:
- 189 horsepower @ 6,400 rpm (2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine
- Front strut tower brace
- Paddle shifters (CVT-equipped models)
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- 235/45 R18 V-rated tires
- Fog lights
- Dual chrome exhaust finishers
- Decklid spoiler
- Illuminated power window switches
- Driver’s seat with 10-way power adjustment, including power lumbar support
- Lockable glove compartment
- Projector-beam halogen headlights (all except Touring Sedan)
- LED (Light-Emitting Diode) headlights (Touring Sedan)
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) (all V-6-powered Sedan and Coupe models)
- Flush windshield wipers
- Expanded View Driver’s Mirror
- LED brake lights (all EX-L and Touring Sedan models)
- Low-rolling-resistance all-season tires
- Smart Entry and ENGINE START/STOP button (EX and above)
Direct InjectionTraditional multi-port fuel injection systems mix fuel and air in the engine’s intake ports before they enter the combustion chamber. However, with the Accord Earth Dreams 4-cylinder’s new direct injection system, fuel is sprayed directly into the combustion chamber. This promotes a desirable “tumble effect” in the intake charge, promoting better combustion and higher overall fuel efficiency.1
Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)Coupled to Accord’s 4-cylinder engines, Honda’s new CVT has a wider ratio spread than the 5-speed automatic transmission found in the previous-generation Accord 4-cylinder models. The CVT allows the engine to always operate at the most efficient rpm level, enabling maximum efficiency under all driving conditions. This results in improved acceleration response at low speeds, reduced engine speeds at higher road speeds, and 10% greater overall fuel efficiency.1 Additional benefits of the new transmission are lighter weight, more compact dimensions, and 17% greater torque capacity than the previous 5-speed automatic.
ACE II Body StructureNow referred to as Advanced Compatibility Engineering (ACE) II body structure, or simply ACE II, the safety system has been revised to increase energy absorption in narrow barrier offset frontal collisions. The new structure can help improve passenger cabin crashworthiness, even during rigorous crash tests like the new insurance institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) small overlap frontal barrier crash test. The new IIHS test is designed to simulate a collision between a vehicle and a fixed object, such as a utility pole, where only 25% of the vehicle’s front structure is engaged by the opposing object.
1 Based on 2013 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.
The following features and technologies are new to the Accord line.
- 2.4-liter i-VTEC® 4-cylinder Earth Dreams™ engine with direct injection, producing 185 horsepower @ 6,400 rpm (SAE net) and 181 lb-ft of torque @ 3,900 rpm (SAE net)
- 3.5-liter i-VTEC V-6 Earth Dreams engine with VCM®, producing 278 horsepower @ 6,200 rpm (SAE net) and 252 lb-ft of torque @ 4,900 rpm (SAE net)
- Continuously variable transmission (CVT) (2.4-liter 4-cylinder)
- 6-speed automatic transmission (3.5-liter V-6)
- 6-speed manual transmission
- Hill start assist
- Eco Assist™ with ECON button
- MacPherson strut front suspension
- Electric Power Steering (EPS)
- 8-inch intelligent Multi-information Display (i-MID) screen
- Honda LaneWatch™ blind spot display (EX and above)
- Audio touch screen (EX-L and above)
- HDD-based (Hard Disk Drive) navigation system with 8-inch WVGA (Wide Video Graphics Array) display (EX-L w/Navi and Touring)
- Pandora® Internet radio compatibility
- HondaLink™ featuring Aha™ compatibility (EX-L and above)
- SMS (Short Message Service) text message function
- MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service) email function (select trims)
- Active Noise Cancellation™ (ANC)
- Active Sound Control (ASC)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) (Touring Sedan)
- Rearview camera with guidelines
- Next-generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure
- Front-seat design
- SmartVent™ front side airbags
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW) (EX-L and above)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW) (EX-L and above)